Before and after editing - I like Photoshop

Thanks for everybody's quick and honest response about my editing. Sorry for getting back to you all late.

I guess I did make a mistake of adding too much green, as I was experimenting adding colors according to a Youtube tutorial (by the way, the tutorial was good, just I applied it in the wrong way).
I saw some of your revised version of my photos and even though the color looks right it's too flat and lack of little drama. So I re-edited the image considering all your advice. I posted two images below. One is the version I did before the horrible green version you all hate and one is the version I edited after hearing all your comments.
What do you guys think now? Is the skin tone ok? Is there still too much green?

The version before the horrible green version (I guess it's still horribly green?)
ZJL_4378-Edit.jpg

The re-edited version after horribly green version:
ZJL_4378-Edit-Edit-2.jpg

Overall better. A little too punchy for my taste, and her skin seems too red (not much, just a tad, maybe like 5 points)

A hint: you can take your curves adjustments, duplicate them three times, set the mode of each to correspond with Hue, Saturation and Luminosity. You can then adjust the adjustment layer opacity to fine tune the degree that the the RGB curve is applied to HSL.

I just happened to be editing like 3000 photos... so why not? LOL :D

Here's my take...

Edit, I don't really know what's her actual skin tone is like, so I just edit it based on the assumption that it's a bit on the earthy side.

after.jpg

Overall better. A little too punchy for my taste, and her skin seems too red (not much, just a tad, maybe like 5 points)

A hint: you can take your curves adjustments, duplicate them three times, set the mode of each to correspond with Hue, Saturation and Luminosity. You can then adjust the adjustment layer opacity to fine tune the degree that the the RGB curve is applied to HSL.

Thanks for your critique cookie :)

Here is another edit (I reduced the red on her legs and overall saturation a bit). Hope it's getting better! Is it?

ZJL_4378-Edit-Edit-3.jpg

I just happened to be editing like 3000 photos... so why not? LOL :D

Here's my take...

Edit, I don't really know what's her actual skin tone is like, so I just edit it based on the assumption that it's a bit on the earthy side.

View attachment 106545

Thanks for your editing, James.
Though her skin tone looks pale too me, not the earthy tone as you mentioned. But hey, how do I know even the right skin tone look like as I turned it so green early on.

Though her skin tone looks pale too me, not the earthy tone as you mentioned. But hey, how do I know even the right skin tone look like as I turned it so green early on.

Is your monitor calibrated? I like the skin on my subjects to be a bit on the bright side (hide imperfections), and for her it's more on the light brown side instead of peachy. :)

all these freaking photoshop kings and not one person edited the ugly sunspots off the purse/legs...

shame. on. you. all.

Last edited:

Is your monitor calibrated? I like the skin on my subjects to be a bit on the bright side (hide imperfections), and for her it's more on the light brown side instead of peachy. :)

James,

My monitor is not calibrated. However, I think it's probably doing a decent job. I do not see green color so well I think that's why her skin tone of your edited image looks pale too me. I have to adjust curves to make sure CMYK values fall in reasonable range.
It's difficult for me to adjust a image to be slightly oversaturated while maintaining good skin tone.

One more question, in my original post, was the person too green or the background (trees) ?
Both, depending on what you envisioned.

Most reactions

Back