Beginner Camera

I keep hearing the same thing from photographers. Whatever brand you buy as your first camera and really learn from, will most likely be the brand you stick with for future camera purchases.

So true...My 1st slr was a Nikon N80...My 1st Dslr is the D40x I currently own. I have invested in some serious Nikon glass for when I upgrade my dslr body, but to even try another brand at this pt. would be seriously rough on the wallet.

have a good one
3Eo

This all great info, thank you so much. Keep it coming.....

Ya I just went through the process but with a slightly higher budget, mostly what I heard was a Nikon D40, or a Canon, digital Rebel Xti. I went with a Canon 40d which is great. Most people get d40's as their first Slr's and they love them

I would buy a D40 or D50 (should cost you about $400-500 for kit and $300-400 for the body) and invest the rest of the money in a good lens. If it were me, I would get D40 or D50 if you want in body AF and a really nice lens with the rest of the money.

I'm not much into a landscape photography, but do you need IS/VR for shooting landscapes? I thought you usually use wide and ultra-wide lenses and a tripod when you take photos of landscapes, and I still haven't seen and ultra-wide lens with IS/VR. Can the IS/VR reduce the vibrations due to wind/bad tripod quality effectively?

I'm not much into a landscape photography, but do you need IS/VR for shooting landscapes? I thought you usually use wide and ultra-wide lenses and a tripod when you take photos of landscapes, and I still haven't seen and ultra-wide lens with IS/VR. Can the IS/VR reduce the vibrations due to wind/bad tripod quality effectively?

You don't need IS or VR if your shutter speed is fast enough, for landscapes it would depend on what the situation is, if it is dark and you need a longer shutter then ya you might need it, but not all the time, at least as far as I know you don't

Most reactions

Back