Beginner Shots

FDSA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
deletedeletedelete

Last edited:
here are some random shots from different times that i took pictures, all un-edited so far let me know what you think

What I think is: "why the hell does this person post un-edited photos?"....

I must have missed the memo requiring all posted photos to have been edited in some way! :lol: :thumbdown:

FDSA - I think they look nice. :)

Its great to experiment, I think the pictures are not to my taste, as they are kindo of abstract and of nothing inparticular, but saying that its a great demosntration that you are getting the hang of your camera :)

number 4 great sky-less powerlines and more trees then that may have been perfect :)

Vewy, vewy constwuctive.

Please, never look at my photos. There might be something wrong with them.

I must have missed the memo requiring all posted photos to have been edited in some way! :lol: :thumbdown:
I do believe I missed that as well. Hmmm.... Must look into that first thing Monday morning!

number 4 great sky-less powerlines and more trees then that may have been perfect :)
+1

here's my critique.

Number 2 is cool but would even be cooler if it was in a magazine talking about bike messengers or something. Otherwise it looks like you were messing around taking shots of bike chain.

If number 5 had a blurred subject(dog/person) walking down the stairs this would make a lot more sense.

Nice shots though.

These are EXCELLENT exploration photographs. You're doing what anyone should be doing when they start out, and that is play around w/ different perspectives and camera settings to see what effects you get.

Some of you need your heads checked. Get a clue, seriously. :thumbdown:

I think I was the most negative with my response and I was only stating my opinions. Actually I said they were good(nice) Exploration or not that was my opinion.

heads checked? Everyone is entitled to your opinion?

Its great to experiment, I think the pictures are not to my taste, as they are kindo of abstract and of nothing inparticular, but saying that its a great demosntration that you are getting the hang of your camera :)

thank you! yes most of the shots have no subjects but i seem to take pictures of things because i like the way they look and then trying to make it look that way in the camera.

and yeah for number 4 i had to run into the rain and try to get a good shot as fast as i could, its not really photographic but its the best i could do in the situation

and about the editing what do you guys suggest i do to improve these?

Mary Beth you are a *****. This is why it is a beginners thread, so we can give advice, and so unexperienced people can get better.

i like the bamboo shot. i stumbled across a bunch of bamboo in my parents' neighbor's yard, and it was cool...never seen it just randomly growing like that.
and no, i wasnt snooping around...lol...we were taking a walk, and it;s in their front yard.

i concur with darkpbstar.
that was bad form MB. have some tact.

here's my critique.

Number 2 is cool but would even be cooler if it was in a magazine talking about bike messengers or something. Otherwise it looks like you were messing around taking shots of bike chain.

If number 5 had a blurred subject(dog/person) walking down the stairs this would make a lot more sense.

Nice shots though.

I didn't find your post negative at all, i actually agree with you, maybe I should have had someone sit on the stairs or something

And I don't mind the first post everyone is entitled to their opinions but if you could explain what needs editing then I will try it. Remember I posted here because I'm a beginner and this is the kind of thing i need help with, so let's get this thread back on track

Ever seen a newspaper?

To the OP: I think everyone has summed up your photos pretty well. They are little more than snapshots, but there's nothing wrong with that. Keep shooting, and just as important: Keep looking at other people's work. The only way to improve is to keep learning, and keep challenging yourself. Don't let the bitter ones get you down.

These are EXCELLENT exploration photographs. You're doing what anyone should be doing when they start out, and that is play around w/ different perspectives and camera settings to see what effects you get.

Some of you need your heads checked. Get a clue, seriously. :thumbdown:

I agree and am kind of in the same boat.
I actually like the bike chain one. I didn't even know what the fifth one was, but that's because I wasn't looking at right. You don't even want to know what I thought I was looking at because then you'd know I'm a ding-a-ling.

I like the bamboo shot, maybe saturate it a little more, but I'm not sure how that would turn out. You could try it. You could even try different layering effects. I wonder how a burned layer would look on the bike chain one. The color, I think, might be right for it.

Mind if I try it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back