Best Option, Best handling EM1, D750 or 6D ??

pmoromalos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello.

I want to buy a new camera, I have in my mind these options. I Know 6D and D750 have better IQ ,DOF and ISO performance..

I shoot Landscape, travel, portraits and events.

What about handling of them ???

What is the best choice ??

thx a lot..

I assume you mean O-EM1 ?
Good camera but from what I heard should be replaced soon.
Not same league as a full frame camera but they do have a nice lens options and their 2 main interesting things is gorgeous design and size and weight.
Limited by their smaller sensor so low light is good but not close to full frame.
If you want best results then my vote (naturally) is the D750.
It has much better dynamic rage and has more shadow recovery, IQ will be a bit better too.
Low light the D750 and 6D are probably close.
6D has a considerably less advanced AF system and is just long in the tooth, rumored to be replaced soon.

So while the D750 is more expensive except in low light it is better then the 6D in everything else.

If you do not care about the size and weight, and you do not have any specific demands for JPEG colour rendition, then D750 is clearly the best option, as overall it is the best camera out of these three.
If budget is limited, 6D could be a good option.
If you prefer to travel light then O-EM1 might be preferred.
All these cameras are good, no one can decide for you what exactly you need.

??

What is the best choice ??

thx a lot..

Only you can answer this question. Different people have different wants out of a camera....it's why there are so many options.

If you're shooting events, I wouldn't use a micro 4/3 camera. Not enough low light capability.

Handling is a very subjective matter. No one can tell you how a camera will feel in your hands, you have to feel it in your own hands yourself. Go to a local camera store that carries the cameras you're interested in and try them out yourself.
I've been shooting with an OM-D E-M5 for over a year and I'm totally satisfied. Here's my Flickr page so you can get an idea of its capabilities, though I'm probably not even pushing it near its limits: Flickr: ido.scharf's Photostream

• Landscapes: Great for that. The light weight makes it easier to carry on hikes to great locations. It hasn't let me down at all in any situation, though I do need to merge exposures sometimes because the sensor's dynamic range isn't wide enough.
  • Travel: Outstanding, no doubt it's better than the two full-frame DSLRs simply because of its weight and size.
  • Portraits: They will all be great, though with the E-M1 you may find you need to use prime lenses more often to get the background separation you may want. With the full-frame sensor, pretty much all you'll ever need for portraits, as far as lenses go, is a 70-200mm f/2.8, while you may need more than one lens with the E-M1 to get similar results (though it would still be lighter).
  • Events: Use a flash, if you know how to use one, and you'll be fine with any of them. If for some reason you can't use a decent flash, the full-frame cameras with f/2.8-or-better lenses will be a lot better.

Thx alot for your help... The desicion is difficult as in the island i live, there aren't stores to see cameras from near.

I didn't mention, i had EM5, i sold because i didn't like the handling, also it had problems with moving subjects....

Good camera but from what I heard should be replaced soon.

i don't heard anything for EM1 replace....

I didn't mention, i had EM5, i sold because i didn't like the handling, also it had problems with moving subjects....
Excellet, then that settles it you are going to LOVE your D750!!! ;)

I want to mention that if i choose EM1, i will buy oly 12.40 2.8 and 40-150 2.8
if i chose D750, i will buy Tamron 24-70 2.8 or Nikon 24-120 f4 and Tamron 70-200 2.8

D750 right now. 6 mo from now Canon may have a more competitive offering.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back