Best photoshop book

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know the basics of photoshop, white balance and repairing images a bit. However I was looking for a good, I guess the word would be "intermediate" photoshop book. I have cs3 by the way. Any ideas of what you guys have heard about or some books you have read yourselves would be helpful.

The Canyon Conundrum for color corrections.
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentials for advance photo retouching.

I would consider both intermediate to advanced; The Canyon Conundrum actually have a section at the end of each chapter dedicated to "going further". You will thank yourself for picking this book up.

I don't know of any books, off the top of my head....but I rather like Scott Kelby. He has many Photoshop books. His style is to give lots of tips and show you how to do specific things, rather than actually teach the theory....some people like that, some don't.

You can also find many, many tips, tricks & tutorials on the web. Just Google 'Photoshop+(whatever you want to do)'. Youtube has a ton of video tutorials as well.

I don't know of any books, off the top of my head....but I rather like Scott Kelby. He has many Photoshop books. His style is to give lots of tips and show you how to do specific things, rather than actually teach the theory....some people like that, some don't.

You can also find many, many tips, tricks & tutorials on the web. Just Google 'Photoshop+(whatever you want to do)'. Youtube has a ton of video tutorials as well.
i kept googling on how to create a simple border around the pictures and got various COMPLICATED results until I came across a thread in another photography form that showed me the most simplest way of creating a border. it could be this easy i had no idea.

i kept googling on how to create a simple border around the pictures and got various COMPLICATED results until I came across a thread in another photography form that showed me the most simplest way of creating a border. it could be this easy i had no idea.

and...the link to this site? or are you going to keep it a secret ;)

one simple way is with the image loaded in photoshop, to go the image menu and choose 'Canvas Size'. a dialog will pop up with various options as well as an 8 direction square with arrows pointing outward showing direction and a button in the middle. if you click on the button in the middle this will tell it to grow the image in all directions by a specified amount.

above this is a text input for width and height as well as a unit of measurement. below this is the canvas extension color.

if you click the center button, put 50 pixels in both height/width, and then choose black as the extension color, this will create a 50 pixel black border around your image, and your image will remain in the center of the canvas.

edit: added images to help show what im trying to explain since im no good giving instructions lol

before border:

after border:

dont mind the image. i was having some fun with some color processing and liquify to make the eyes and mouth show 'grrrr!' :p

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back