Best Zoom Lens For the Money T3i

You're not going to get athletic action shots with either of the lenses you listed. Not the EF-s 55-250, or the 70-300. The maximum aperture is far too small.

Save your money and buy something worth buying... Or at least that's what I'd do.

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. This is all so confusing. LOL I did a forum search and a lot of the threads said the EF-s 55-250 was better daily lens over the 70-300. I need an every day lens that will allow me to zoom in if needed. Like a football field or something like that. So 200MM should be good enough!

LOL I think the Tamron 28-300 mm F/3.5-6.3 VC would be a good choice for me.

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. This is all so confusing. LOL I did a forum search and a lot of the threads said the EF-s 55-250 was better daily lens over the 70-300. I need an every day lens that will allow me to zoom in if needed. Like a football field or something like that. So 200MM should be good enough!

They'll work great if you only plan on shooting football during daylight hours.

Which lens were you referring to? You copied both?

Which lens were you referring to? You copied both?

all of them. Too small aperture at the longest focal length, in particular the Tamron.

Regarding 55-250 vs. 70-300, maybe you read about 55-250 vs. 75-300, where 55-250 is the winner; 70-300 is another lens (and more expensive). However 55-250 is a optically good lens for its price. Tamron 28-300 is the first stabilised Tamron lens, not sure it is behaving well still now. The typical APS-C Tamron lens in such range is 18-270, which receives good reviews (again, according to price). However, since you have already a shorter zoom, no need for having such a long range - the shorter, the better. So go with something that starts from above 55.

I don't play on shooting professional and always during the day. So I think I'm going to pick up a 55-250mm

Most reactions

Back