Biggest print size with D60

I've had prints from my old D40 (6.1mp) done at 16x12 and won photographic
competitions with them so a D60 will be fine...

I thought this thread was very much "ON-topic", so I've moved it from the Off Topic forum.

And here you are. :D

Your D60 images can be blownup to billboard size.

What counts is how close are the people that are looking at the image.

What really matters is the pixel dimensions and the resolution (ppi).

If you crop an image you loose pixel dimension and can't print as big.

I'm one of the many persons that frequently forgets that very important fact. You're absolutely correct.

ill try one 11x14 print and ill tell you how does it came out ;) thanks to all.

yeah, it's going to be hanging on the wall so the people looking at the image wil be close, thats why i want to know whats the biggest print size(good quality) i can do with my D60.

Thanks to all :)

I has nothing to do with where it's hanging unless it's in a hallway and people are forced to view it up close. If you print an image that is 30x20" people will NOT stand closer than about 2m away unless they are ****ing at the quality of your camera, and not looking at the actual photo. It is simply not comfortable to look at large pictures up close. IMO those people don't deserve nice photos, and are the type to hold a 6x4 up to their nose while complaining it's pixelated. The brain can't process pictures when you're too close, the eye can't see enough of it clearly.

ill try one 11x14 print and ill tell you how does it came out ;) thanks to all.

11x14 is cake. I done that on a 7.1 megapixel point and shoot before and it was pretty sharp, didn't notice any different from the 8x10 of the same picture. on a 10.2 megapixel, at least 12x18 and I would bet a 16x24 would be pretty sharp.

Totally agree with statement about viewing distance, but keep some things in mind...

Walk through an airport someday and look at the ads on the wall. Look CLOSELY. If you pay attention you'll see that MANY of them consist of these HUGE fuzzy dots... even when looking at them from 10-20' away. Most people (including photographer people) don't really notice them. This is not to say that this is what you want, but it's good to keep it in mind.

Also... just an anecdotal thing... I've printed a ~12MP image up to 24x36 and can stare at the thing from 2-3" away with zero issue... looks absolutely perfect, as if not a single dot was stretched or interpolated.

Most reactions

Back