bikes are my passion, photography is my hobby

urameatball

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lawrenceramps.com
LET'S COMBINE THEM!!! :)

So the weather in Toronto is finally warm enough for some practice on the tracks. (warm enough as in 9 celcius with severe thunderstorms anticipated in the afternoon). These are my morning shots before the storm rolled in.
It's my first time shooting bikes, and also my first time using a 300mm lens, and my first time using a monopod.
Images have been slightly edited - all have been brightened and increased saturation and mildly sharpened (original photos were horrible due to low light and fog). some have been converted for 8x10 prints.
out of about 90shots, 16 came out sharp, the others were backfocused (can anyone help me with this problem?).

comments are very very welcome.

crw_3082_std.jpg

img_3124_std.jpg

img_3161_std.jpg

img_3166_std.jpg

img_3244_std.jpg

Cool shots you have here. Action shots can be pretty tough to get right. The first and last ones are my favorite of the group. Those two shots show how a tight crop works from some pictures while a larger crop can be just as good. The rest are also good but those two really stood out for me.

thanks Harpper for some great feedback.
I too like the first and last shots best... the others just seem 'bland' but I was just so excited about these pics I had to post them :D.
I didn't have a press pass or anything so I had to sneak into the track to get that first shot.. then I got kicked out by the marshalls. It took quite a few tries to get a well framed tight crop though. took about 50 and that was one of 2 that came out nicely.
The last shot, I was just trying some different angles and that was shot from the top of the grandstands (about 40-50ft above track). Didn't know how it would come out but I guess it worked out pretty well... lucky me! :)

and photobug, sell bridges???

Most reactions

Back