Birthday wish - Thoughts?

ga_shooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this at a birthday party. I know its dark, but I thought it had some good qualities. Any thoughts?

1470367277_d59097b93f_b.jpg

You caught an adorable expression! I agree, it is rather dark and I almost would rather see it cropped in closer but I really, really like the expression on the little guy!

Much better, IMO!

How do you process it to make it glow, if you don't mind a digital noob question? :blushing:

Much better, IMO!

How do you process it to make it glow, if you don't mind a digital noob question? :blushing:

Do you use Photoshop? There are filters that you work with to do it. On this one the bottom layer is desaturated and then has a sepia filter added to it. Then I sharpened it with smart sharpen. The top layer has glassian blur and diffuse glow added to it before i brought the opacity to about 50%.
The second time I went in and re-cropped, added a little bit more glow and then brightened it.
I know that seems like a complicated answer to the question, but once you look at it in Photoshop it makes sense.

Thanks!!!! I have CS2 and I'm just trying to wrap my head around layers. Perhaps if I didn't try to teach myself at 1am after baby-wrangling all day I'd have figured it out by now!

Thanks!!!! I have CS2 and I'm just trying to wrap my head around layers. Perhaps if I didn't try to teach myself at 1am after baby-wrangling all day I'd have figured it out by now!

I just picked it up myself, but i cheated. My husband is a graphics/web designer guy so all i have to do is say hey, show me this!

I just picked it up myself, but i cheated. My husband is a graphics/web designer guy so all i have to do is say hey, show me this!

No fair, cheater! JK...I'm just jealous!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back