Bit of a breakthrough

Ajay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My new 50mm has been sitting for the most part unused since I got it a couple months ago. I had the chance to babysit my niece today so I decided to take my camera along. I feel like I finally achieved results that I've been hoping for. It seems that converting to jpeg and compressing for the web took away some sharpness though. A few of them are quite grainy, but I like them that way.

Hmm...are they still too big? I saved high quality at 28 kbps...should I do that part differently?

1-
gabriella129_13web.jpg

2-
gabriella129_11web.jpg

3-
gabriella129_33bwweb.jpg

4-
gabriella129_14bwweb.jpg

5-
gabriella129_1bwweb.jpg

6-
gabriella129_5bwweb.jpg

Cute series. #3 stands out for me :)

Would like to see more detail in the eyes though, there very black...

these are great i like two and three best.

Cute series. #3 stands out for me :)

Would like to see more detail in the eyes though, there very black...

That is something I always struggle with when I'm photographing her or my nephew. How do you get detail in eyes that are naturally so dark?

That is something I always struggle with when I'm photographing her or my nephew. How do you get detail in eyes that are naturally so dark?

i have that problem all the time with my little boy. He, like me has very dark brown eyes. I try to get as much light as possable into the eyes. Ill sit him opposite a window, with a fill light, and if needs be ill use by hotshoe flash indirectly..

i have that problem all the time with my little boy. He, like me has very dark brown eyes. I try to get as much light as possable into the eyes. Ill sit him opposite a window, with a fill light, and if needs be ill use by hotshoe flash indirectly..

I had her opposite the front door, which was full glass. What do you use for a fill light? I need to learn how to use my flash off camera.

I adore number 3!! i think its a lovely series :) and number 5 is also gorgeous you should get your 50mm out more often!

cute kid and great pictures. i like the 3rd one as well!!! i bet it was alot of fun to have a happy baby to take pictures of... my day is coming sometime!!!

Thanks everyone! She is such a stinker and spoiled rotten. She's happy as long as everyone is paying attention to her.

2 and 3 are just great!
Too bad that the eyes in 2 are not sharp though.

That is my biggest struggle and the only thing I'm having trouble adjusting to with the 50mm. I use such a low aperture that its hard to get everything in focus. Just gotta keep trying and make sure I get that the focus right on the eye, although hers are so dark I dont know how much detail I could get out of them anyway.

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

Most reactions

Back