Black & White Experiment

My first black and white...curious what others think.

Black and White
Back Road Wisp in Black and White

Color
Back Road Wisp in Color

It's better if you embed the photos in the thread. Not everyone wants to follow links off-site, even if it is just Flickr.
Thanks - I had but removed them when I saw they were only attachments and not full images. Attached them again.

Yeah, it does that when the images are very large. If you resize them, it's easier to embed. Also you can embed directly from Flickr using the BB Code.

As for the images, I think the black and white works really well for this shot.

My first black and white...curious what others think.

Black and White
Back Road Wisp in Black and White

Color
Back Road Wisp in Color

It's better if you embed the photos in the thread. Not everyone wants to follow links off-site, even if it is just Flickr.
Thanks - I had but removed them when I saw they were only attachments and not full images. Attached them again.

Yeah, it does that when the images are very large. If you resize them, it's easier to embed. Also you can embed directly from Flickr using the BB Code.

As for the images, I think the black and white works really well for this shot.
Thank you!! It worked on my next post. Much appreciated.

Not bad for a first effort. I think some of the darker areas in the trees could be a tiny bit lighter, with more information, and maybe the local contrast level elevated a bit. Local contrast is an old term, meaning the contrast between areas that are next to one another or close to one another. In the modern era with software, we often adjust local contrast by using the clarity slider, or the curves tool.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back