Blocking members

tom beard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If I block a member does that mean they can't reply to a thread I post, or, are they scrubbed from every post that I may read?

Thanks, Tom Beard

Just means their response won't be visible unless you click 'view this posters message' or something like that.

What might be considered a disadvantage is that the post of the blocked member may be invisible to you, but it is still in the thread and affects the direction of the dialogue.

You cannot change the direction of the dialogue either without commenting on the post of the member you blocked.

skieur

You can still choose to view the post if you want, in a way it's just 'minimized' or 'collapsed'. Once you choose to view it it's there like normal.

One of the complaints I have always had, is....if I want to block a member, I want him/her blocked from even having the ability to reply to my threads, view my posts, or even send me a pm. :D .We had that ability on another non photography related forum I am on, so I dont see why it can not be done here.

While I also think that can be done, it often depends on what platform the boards are running on. Different platforms offer different options that are implemented in different ways. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back