Blooming cactus!

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The Christmas cactus is still doing its stuff! I left the macro lens to one side for this shot, and had a go with the short zoom and a white background (I prefer black). The touch I'm most pleased with is the effect of the reflector below the flowers giving the pinkish-purple glow.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Christmas-Cactus.jpg

Was that reflector of yours a mirror, a real plain mirror? Or does any reflector have to send the light back in more diffused manners? Would it need to be something white?

I agree that the glow from below is something extra ... and the white background works well here ... reminds me of the illustrations in all the DorlingKindersley books!

I use pure white foamboard as reflectors Corinna - it's cheap and rigid, easy to stand up where you want it. Sometimes I simply hold it in one hand for the flash to bounce off, whilst I depress the shutter with the other hand. A couple of months ago I got some sheets of black and white vinyl from a sign-maker. They are floppy, so are best for laying things on that you are photographing.

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back