Blue Eye's

lostep3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple of quick portraits of my wife. I'm very new to portrait work so I would like some C&C please.
HoneySide2.jpg

HoneySide.jpg

Beautiful! You did great IMO!

I think two things added would make these pictures better. First a fill flash. Second, since this is not product or fashion photography, with those eyes have her look deep into the lens.

A quick thought. I might have her keep her hands on the collar but put the hood down.

My comments are simply suggestions on the photographs.

-Nick

I think two things added would make these pictures better. First a fill flash. Second, since this is not product or fashion photography, with those eyes have her look deep into the lens.

A quick thought. I might have her keep her hands on the collar but put the hood down.

My comments are simply suggestions on the photographs.

-Nick

Thank You, your C&C is exactly what I would like to hear. I'm very new to Portrait, Glamor stuff so any advice helps. My next purchase is going to be a flash, I know how much they can do for a photo.

lostep3,

You are most welcome and that's what we are all here for. To learn and grow, everyone including professionals. We are never too old or too experienced to learn.

-Nick

Your wife has great eyes.

For a shot like this (and in this nice overcast light), I would suggest trying it with more exposure. It could really make her eyes stand out and brighten up her skin.
Some of the brighter areas (like the background) might get blown out with more exposure...but who cares about the background? Not me, I want to see those eyes nice and bright.

Your wife has great eyes.

For a shot like this (and in this nice overcast light), I would suggest trying it with more exposure. It could really make her eyes stand out and brighten up her skin.
Some of the brighter areas (like the background) might get blown out with more exposure...but who cares about the background? Not me, I want to see those eyes nice and bright.

Thanks for the advice, I will try this with my next shot's. Maybe I will do some editing with the exposure in lightroom, to see what this photo looks like with more exposure.

I agree with Mike's C&C. Also I'd like to see more eye contact in a portrait. Your wife is beautiful, btw!

Thank You for the C&C.

You have been given some great suggestions, so if you decide to edit the photo, please post so we can see revised edition. Thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back