bodyshock

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Channel 4 have a series every now and then called Bodyshock. It's about the body, and, erm, shocking things...

Take a look.
http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/S/science/body/index.html

This is tonights.
Bodyshock: The Man Who Slept for 19 Years

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Channel 4

VIDEO Plus+: 2290
Subtitled

1/5

In 1984 a 19-year-old car mechanic in Arkansas crashed his truck and went into a coma. His name was Terry Wallis and he had recently had a daughter called Amber. Terry's mother refused to believe he wouldn't emerge from his vegetative state, so she treated him normally - talking to him, taking him on family trips. Then in 2003, against all known medical odds, he woke up. But - and it's a big but - he still thinks he's 19, and he can't store new experiences, so however many times Amber tells him who she is, he never gets it. It's a haunting predicament for his heroic family, as is the case of Roy King, another car-crash victim featured, who is physically fine but has effectively lost the ability to love. If ever there was an advert for having multiple airbags in your car, this programme is it.

Oh, and take a look at Birth to Twin in the drop down box. That's what I was talking about when Artemis thought someone had digested their baby or something.

That reminds me of a show I saw on Discovery I think it was....where people underwent surgery and could remember details. The anestheia made them unable to move but they were still coherent and could feel things and hear what was going on. Freaked me out for days afterward.

AlisonS said:
That reminds me of a show I saw on Discovery I think it was....where people underwent surgery and could remember details. The anestheia made them unable to move but they were still coherent and could feel things and hear what was going on. Freaked me out for days afterward.

I've heard similar things about people being able to have Out of Body experiences during surgery often induced by drugs. They would float up and watch their body being operated on by the surgeons from above, and could recall entire conversations from the surgeons during the procedure :shock:

Most reactions

Back