ucddyan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello There,

Does anyone know of any good books on color theory for photographers? In the book "The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos" on p.114 Michael Freeman SAYS he has a book called "Color" in his "Digital Photography Expert" series and SAYS there's a reference in the bibliography, but there's no reference and apparently this book does not actually exist. Does anyone know of any other good books regarding color theory specifically for photographers?

Thanks in advance!

No, but you got me interested...

(...subscribes to thread...)

EDIT

I knew that name sounded familiar... I have a book by him. (Not the one you're looking for.)

we done a colour theory unit in our photography course, it was thee worse thing I've ever done! I'm not really good at physics, and light and things like that lol

@ bitter jeweler - That wasn't quite the book I was looking for but will definitely check it out. (that one also wasn't in the bibliography of The Photographer's Eye). Thanks!!

Color is color. The effects of colors in a picture are the same if the picture is created by a photographic process or with watercolors or acrylics or pastels or crayons or ...

So any book on color theory for artists will also serve the photographer. Sections in such books on color mixing will not be important, but the concepts of color harmony, warm and cool colors, etc., will apply.

Photographers have less freedom in the use of color than 'traditional' artists, but should not ignore the subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back