Book suggestions.

Parkerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, with Christmas time approaching... I'm trying to add some helpful books to my wish list.

I currently own understanding exposure... and I am looking for a book for poses and lighting.

I found this book for posing. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Posing-Techniques-Photographing-Model-Portfolios/dp/1584282207/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I4XNQT7XV3BS3&colid=IWTTWE1Z0QW6[/ame]

Anyone have an experience with it? Or maybe some other suggestions for books on posing models?

I would also like a lighting book.. Studio and/or natural lighting.. Because this is an area in which i would like to improve on.

As far as any other suggestions on any book.. please make them. I would greatly appreciate it. If you do make a suggestion though.. could you at least say why you are suggesting it?

Thanks

-Parker

Holy mackerel... for $61 for a used book... it had better have more than 3 poses in it! :lol:

Here let me save you a little money... a 15 second google found this for me.

I'd kinda pass on it for a couple of reasons... with a little real life experience, you will find a thousand more intricate and more valuable poses than are in that book. I also think you would find a thousand more and better poses just by studying flickr portraiture groups. I feel books on posing are just such a cash grab!

Maybe go for something a little more different than this book... what other interests would you have that you would wish to improve on?

Holy mackerel... for $61 for a used book... it had better have more than 3 poses in it! :lol:

Here let me save you a little money... a 15 second google found this for me.

I'd kinda pass on it for a couple of reasons... with a little real life experience, you will find a thousand more intricate and more valuable poses than are in that book. I also think you would find a thousand more and better poses just by studying flickr portraiture groups. I feel books on posing are just such a cash grab!

Maybe go for something a little more different than this book... what other interests would you have that you would wish to improve on?

Lighting is also another spot where I seem to lack some.

Also, you know any good books on editing maybe? I really could probably improve on everything.. I would just like some books to read i guess.. lol.

Ok, there are a few, but most are repeated in several threads. It would be helpful if you did a search on the words "good book" here, but a few I can quickly suggest are:

- Exposure by Bryon Peterson
- Light Science and Magic
- Master's Lighting Guide to Portrait Photography
- Not what I would call a standard book perse, but what I did was collect all the Lighting 101 and 102 articles from www.strobist.com and put them into 1 PDF file and print it out for myself for reference when I did not have internet access available to me.

... the search will give you more options. :)

Ok, there are a few, but most are repeated in several threads. It would be helpful if you did a search on the words "good book" here, but a few I can quickly suggest are:

- Exposure by Bryon Peterson
- Light Science and Magic
- Master's Lighting Guide to Portrait Photography
- Not what I would call a standard book perse, but what I did was collect all the Lighting 101 and 102 articles from www.strobist.com and put them into 1 PDF file and print it out for myself for reference when I did not have internet access available to me.

... the search will give you more options. :)

I actually did do a search, but guess I just didn't go in depth with it as much as i should have.. Cause basically all i saw was for understand exposure.. which, I already own.

Thanks though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back