borders??

c_mac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am trying to add borders to pictures....i know the borders(frame) tool in the actions in PS but i am looking for something a little more artistic. i have sorta fooled around with adobe illustrator to get the effect but it is not quite what i am wanting....here is an example

is this something that can be done with an action or is this completely done by the person?

here is my attempt....
JCstitch_framed.jpg

it is kinda what i am looking for but it just doesn't have the look that i am trying to accomplish....

The example looks custom done. Theoretically you may be able to create an action to do that, but PS doesn't come with any that fancy as far as I know. Borders that intricate kind of go beyond a simple 'border' and actually become a part of the image, so they tend to be hand-made and a part of the editing process rather than a snap-on feature if you know what I mean.

--Illah

ya that is what i figured. but i had to ask anyway.

thanks

If you do a 'stroke' effect in PS, make sure you indicate "inside" rather than the default "outside". Inside will give you those sharp 90 degree corners.
Looks like you are going for a more 'grunge' look type border. Simply Google "grunge brushes Photoshop" and you'll find a ton of brushes you can download to create a border yourself. My signature below was bad with grunge brushes.

Hope that helps.

loves_guitar said:
If you do a 'stroke' effect in PS, make sure you indicate "inside" rather than the default "outside". Inside will give you those sharp 90 degree corners.
Looks like you are going for a more 'grunge' look type border. Simply Google "grunge brushes Photoshop" and you'll find a ton of brushes you can download to create a border yourself. My signature below was bad with grunge brushes.

Hope that helps.
thanks man...i sorta made one myself....
tornfilm.jpg

but i will search and see what i can find...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back