Brand New Canon Rebel XS = $439: Good deal?

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm trying to get into photography. I found it for $439 with free shipping and no tax. It's brand new, not refurbished. Good deal?

Personally I rather get used that is being sold locally. I dont think that is that good of a deal. Look on craigslist in your area.

Personally I rather get used that is being sold locally. I dont think that is that good of a deal. Look on craigslist in your area.

I see. Well it's from a canon retailer (with standard 18-55) lens. I mean for $50 difference I'd rather get it brand new than used from someone. Because you never know what could be wrong with it.

But as everyone selling for $499 elsewhere, that's the cheapest I could find.

Here's the link
Butterfly Photo - Canon EOS Rebel XS Digital SLR Camera 18-55mm IS Lens Black 2762B003

Ive seen a used Canon t1i with kit lens for $550 in my area.

????? no way... thats got to be a scam!

????? no way... thats got to be a scam!

I figured. But I would have only bought it if he/she met me locally at the mall or something. I might end up getting the XS for $439 from butterfly photo because it's not much of a deal on craiglist with everything else I see in my local area.

I've heard Canon will be rolling out w/ new models in late August? Is that a good time to buy it? Perhaps price will drop more...

Another option would be to get a refurbished one from Adorama for $399 with free shipping -- cheaper price and more reputable seller (than Butterfly) if you are okay with refurbished.

Link

Thanks, I will check it out. I might end up getting it from Walmart for $475
I know someone that works there with tax it'll be $475

Most reactions

Back