Bullock

ddunn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Picture of a bullock, let me know your feedback.

bullock.jpg

Thanks,

Dave :roll:

I agree - too dark, you can't really see the bullock's face... oh, and there's a fence in the way.

Sorry

Aaron

Would brightening up the image make a difference?

I had to open this just to make sure what a "bullock" is..... :D

I'd agree it's too dark an image. Best way to get shots of these pasture-bound critters is to try to get over the fence, so it doesn't distract, if that would be possible.

I have no problem with the fence. I have no problem with the tight crop that possibly excludes any thing that would detract or divert from the subject (the bullock). But I would like the photo more if there were more detail in the shadows--I agree with the notion that the photo is under-exposed.

Thanks for the replies all.
So the main problem is it's too dark.
Would brightening it up in Photoshop help?

Let me know.

Dave

ddunn said:
Thanks for the replies all.
So the main problem is it's too dark.
Would brightening it up in Photoshop help?

Let me know.

Dave

Hello ddunn,

brightening it up would work for me.

terri said:
I had to open this just to make sure what a "bullock" is..... :D

I'd agree it's too dark an image. Best way to get shots of these pasture-bound critters is to try to get over the fence, so it doesn't distract, if that would be possible.

They're called "steers" in the USA.

They're called "steers" in the USA.

They are only steers when they've been casterated. So this animal (according to the evidence revealed in the picture) could be a number of things. It could be a bullock, a steer, a bull, or an ox.

I like the pic regardless of what it is.

Does this look better?

bullock1.jpg

Let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

That's definitely an improvement in my book...

Aaron

altyfc said:
That's definitely an improvement in my book...

Aaron

Thanks.

Is that all that needed improving?

Anything else?

Dave

I don't think there's much more you can do without retaking the picture. I mentioned the tight crop. It's also directly from the side. Another angle would add interest. I'd also wait until it' pulled it's head up out of the grass so you could get more of its "face". Right now its nose is hidden in the grass.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back