Bullseye! working on my composition

Nice shot Scooter :icon_thumright:

Composition looks good.Nice shot.

I think I would give it a look-see with a fair portion cropped off of the top, and also a little bit shaved off the left side. Why some off the top? To eliminate that long, diagonal branch that leads up, and right out of the frame in the upper right corner, and to instead, make the upper right corner the downward-angling, short branch. Cropping some of the scene off will make the bird visually higher up in the frame, and will additionally emphasize the feeling of more space being "below", since the bird will be closer to the top of the frame. WHy crop some off the left? To make the aspect ratio a bit taller and narrower after a crop.

I think I would give it a look-see with a fair portion cropped off of the top, and also a little bit shaved off the left side. Why some off the top? To eliminate that long, diagonal branch that leads up, and right out of the frame in the upper right corner, and to instead, make the upper right corner the downward-angling, short branch. Cropping some of the scene off will make the bird visually higher up in the frame, and will additionally emphasize the feeling of more space being "below", since the bird will be closer to the top of the frame. WHy crop some off the left? To make the aspect ratio a bit taller and narrower after a crop.

Feel free to edit. Curious to see what you had in mind.

This is the crop area I envisioned. It would look good made from a full-sized image.

bird crop area.jpg

Look Out Below

scooter2044 said:
Still think I like a little more green above, like in Sashbar's post above. Gives more of an impression that he's being sneaky.

Sure. Whatever you say.

scooter2044 said:
Still think I like a little more green above, like in Sashbar's post above. Gives more of an impression that he's being sneaky.

Sure. Whatever you say.
I didn't mean to offend you. I appreciate any advice. I just didn't get the same feeling from the photo after your crop. That's probably why my photos will never be technically correct

Most reactions

Back