Burgandy Orchid Experiment

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tried something that I have been wanting to do for a while; make a background card on a paint stick. I think it worked well for the experiment anyway. I used black foam core, cost me a whopping $1.70. I liked that the natural light gave it a slightly soft gray cast, makes it look more natural. I had to crop a little in post because I didn't make the piece big enough. Canon SX60HS. The contrast helped the point & shoot focus better as I expected. I also burned the background a little, @Gary A. has forced me into learning that tool and I am finally getting the hang of it.

IMG_0852e.jpg

Man ... (and Gary A. remembers when you were speaking of throwing in the towel), very very nice JC (try higher than average B&W).

Thanks bud. Funny you should mention that.... Actually, I did one and almost posted it instead. I may print this one...

IMG_0852BW.jpg

Burn in those hot spots on the front petal and those on the left ... a bit less burning on the right petals. Some dodging of the highlights on the sexual parts. What are you printing with?

Burn in those hot spots on the front petal and those on the left ... a bit less burning on the right petals. Some dodging of the highlights on the sexual parts. What are you printing with?

I got a place near me that has a monster Fuji printer out of a closed Ritz camera store. The images are always fantastic and reasonably priced. For as little as I print, they have proven to be the best so far. Tried Adorama, and a couple others but never been happy.

Did as instructed, crazy how much different it looks with just minor brushing... Can't really tell while performing it, have to toggle before and after view...

IMG_0852BW2.jpg

The act of Printing will transform you into the Complete Photographer ... From Start to End it is all about vous. In the beginning you will waste a ton of paper and ink, but then you will begin to harmonize your exposures to the processing to the final print. This is much more true in film, but still has value in digital.

The act of Printing will transform you into the Complete Photographer ... From Start to End it is all about vous. In the beginning you will waste a ton of paper and ink, but then you will begin to harmonize your exposures to the processing to the final print. This is much more true in film, but still has value in digital.

What printer do you have for digital at home?
I do have interest in a darkroom. Can you suggest an enlarger? I see so many and have very little knowledge or time to investigate. I think if I could get a model # of something, I could just focus and hunt for that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back