Butterflies *funky lighting*

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i visited the butterfly garden again and offcourse i had my cactus trigger with me (so i can wirelessly fire the flash) So you can place the flash in some wierd place and get an different then usual butterfly shot.
Artis441.jpg

Artis442.jpg

Artis443.jpg

Artis444.jpg

Artis445.jpg

There are some more threads i made with more shots of this day. Here are the links:

Butterflies *funky green*
Butterwings
Butterflies *the regular shots*
Some insect stuff

I processed about 60 shots, but they arent all in these threads. For the rest of the pics you can go to www.daanschouwe.nl

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Last edited:
Whoa......#5 is killer.....followed closely by number 4. Perspectives that you don't usually see on butterflies.

What kind of diffusing do you use on your flash? I like how soft and natural your light is. I can get that effect with an umbrella but it's hard not to scare bugs away when coming at them with a 33" shoot through umbrella.

Whoa......#5 is killer.....followed closely by number 4. Perspectives that you don't usually see on butterflies.

What kind of diffusing do you use on your flash? I like how soft and natural your light is. I can get that effect with an umbrella but it's hard not to scare bugs away when coming at them with a 33" shoot through umbrella.
Thanks :) I only used the normal difuser. That little piece of white plastic which is overpriced bigtime :lol: I used to have a Lumiquest softbox, but i kinda lost that one.
How reliable/usable are those Cactus triggers?
Well, not totally reliable. Sometimes it doesnt fire and sometimes it fires out of nothing. But i can live with that, most of the time its works like it should. For me its pretty usable. No cable thats in the way of things and you got alot of freedom with the flash. Still have to wait for the wild bugs and see how it works then, but in the butterfly exhibit it works like a charm
those are sick!
Thanks
Only #4 actually came out well.
I think the others came out pretty well too, but thats just me :)

Ah. "Cactus trigger" is your secret.
Now I want one *stomps foot*. Now I want one of those soooooo bad! *stomps again*.
(You're not endearing yourself to Andreas too much by giving me all these fervent wishes for photography equipment that I don't have, you know! He's convinced I would need to be happy enough with what I've got and "no more"! ... Hmph).

Tell Andreas i didnt mean to do that ;) But also tell him that photographers always want new stuff to experiment with :)
But they arent really expensive, about €35.00 including the shipping. So just dont go out one saturday night and you can buy one from the money you didnt spend :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back