Buy a customed built computer or build a computer?

If you want to leave your SSD unplugged, that's great!

You don't have to agree with my opinion, but there is a reason you will never see anyone use an SSD for long term shelf storage :D

I bought a Gateway once. I liked the cow patterned box.

The early 2000's were heady times.

I recently got a new computer. Somehow, there is a security issue that it doesn't let me view all my photographs. I transferred all the files from my an old computer to a new computer. It took me a long time to figure out and fixed the issue. Doesn't anyone has the same issue?

I used to be a PC techie but gave up trying to stay current a few( a lotta fews) years back. Now I just go on the Dell website, pick a bunch of goodies and have it shipped. Any problems, just go on Live Chat and they link up and fix it.
A few friends just call the local PC Shop and have the guy make them a PC. That's really a very good value if you can live without support.

I have contacted the technical support. They couldn't help to fix it, and they refer me to Windows 10 support. Windows 10 support couldn't fix it and gave up by not answering the phone. Good thing I figure it out on my own, otherwise I may have to return this computer.

OS%20X%20El%20Capitan-970-80.jpg

A couple years ago I was in the same boat and what I kind of came to conclude is that it really depends on what kind of machine you're wanting. In the lower to mid-end building your own computer is cost effective and pretty straight forward. However, as you get into more higher-end gear that margin diminishes quickly, and buying a refurbished machine may make more sense. This is what I ended up doing. I went with IT Creations and came with the original extended Dell warranty.

From my experience the biggest challenge was getting good information from internet sources. It was pretty hard to filter out the advise of zit-faced gamers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back