Buy and Sell - negative feedback from members

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell' started by Overread, Jun 24, 2012.

1. dannydoyle

dannydoyle TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have to say I asked Paypal to also refund you, as the postal service has said that the camera was not delivered to the address that I put on the postage label.

I have to say I do not like being called a thief and will refute that.

If I was a thief why would I still be on these pages? I would of surely done one by now and I probably would not be replying on here if I was either.

I am a man standing up for himself.

Note for all readers, Hoff had actually put a Paypal claim in on his first posting, which I have never denied, but I have tried to resolve the matter through Paypal, again this was advised to Hof. I have attempted to communicate with him and with Paypal which ended with me asking Paypal to refund the amount, as I am not a thief. I now have a lengthy claim against the postal service for losing my package or delivering it to the wrong address, I am not even sure what happened there.

dannydoyle

2. Hof8231

Hof8231 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I apologize for calling you a thief. That was out of line. But if you look at all of the factors in this entire situation, I don't think my suspicions were ridiculous. Regardless, I do apologize. Thank you for being so willing to help make the PayPal claim go smoothly and I wish you the best of luck in your claim with the Postal Service. I hope you can either get your camera back or sufficient funds to replace it/compensate for it. I wish our deal could have worked out. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ipinotti

ipinotti TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Warning:

User benchristian899, real name Mr. Pierre Sinus N, from Krasnodar Krai, Anapa, Russia is a liar - SCAMMER.

He offered me a CANON GPS GP-E2 through the email, and sent me pictures that are the same as in an ebay's seller from USA : Canon GPS Receiver GP E2 for Canon EOS Rebel T4i and Canon EOS 5D Mark III | eBay

Here is the full email:

4. pixmedic

pixmedic The Mustached Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit

FYI, any transaction where someone requests western union as payment should be viewed as suspect. like mailing someone cash, its a done deal once you send it with zero recourse.

5. MartinCrabtree

MartinCrabtree No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    There is no reason to buy from abroad unless the item is unavailable at home. Recourse is virtually impossible if the transaction goes south.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 480sparky

480sparky Chief Free Electron Relocator Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My GrandPappy used to say, "The stingiest person spends the most."

7. sscarmack

sscarmack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    PhotoKirb as most of you already mentioned was acting shady. I spoke with them first hand and they seemed trustworthy and that they just had a lot on their plate at once.

Well after 3 days of not responding to any texts or emails.

I filed a dispute with paypal.

I ordered their tamron 150-600 last Friday and paid a little more than they were asking.

One bc I'm a nice guy and I was already getting a good deal on the lens so I figured why not give them a couple more bucks to help out.

I felt bad, bc they fed me some BS story about having to sell all their gear bc they had a baby coming and wasn't financially ready. Blah blah blah.

Well I ordered it last week and she said her husband shipped it Saturday and she couldn't get me the tracking number bc she was on her way to a baby shower and the number was at home.

Fine, no big deal.

Sunday passed.
    Monday passed.

Tuesday came and I still haven't received the tracking number so I sent them a text asking what was up since I haven't heard anything.

She gave me some story about going into premature labor and they've been swamped.

Once again, fine. No biggie. I understand.

Wednesday comes and goes.

Still nothing.
    Thursday comes. Nothing.
    Friday comes nothing.

Now I'm getting mad bc I wanted this lens by the weekend bc I was heading to the zoo.

All my texts are ignored, but read.

She uses a iPhone so it says when she reads them.

And then she turned off the iMessage so I couldn't see it anymore. Lol

6 texts later, nothing.

I told her this was getting ridiculous and I wanted an update or I was filing a dispute.

She didn't respond.

I called paypal and they laughed and says this happens all the time.

She has 10 days to resolve the case or paypal will pull the funds.

Innocent until proven guilty right?

Guilty as charged.

You've been warned.

Sent from my phone so sorry for any mess ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. sscarmack

sscarmack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Removed due to phone number showing.

Showed texts.

9. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    It happens all the time? Derr!

How does Paypal pull the funds? Is there some way they can withdraw funds from someone's credit card?

10. pixmedic

pixmedic The Mustached Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Paypal is linked directly to a bank account and they can pull from there.
    In ebay cases they don't even release the funds to the seller until the item is received.
    PayPal is very good about siding with the buyer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Yep higher value trades are often held in limbo by paypal till an authentication period has passed (typically this means if something does go wrong no money has changed hands so its easy to resolve for paypal). Otherwise they just pull the money from the bank account - that account, and if it doesn't have the funds its a case of;

1) Paypal legal getting involved to recover the money

2) The bank account getting overdrawn and then the bank deals with the problem.

Paypal will side with the seller, but they've generally got a harder time to prove their position whilst a buyer has it easier.

12. HiddenTalent

HiddenTalent TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

James Ragen approached me regarding my WTB D7k Thread. He sent good pictures of a D7k with 50 1.8 mounted. He explained why he was selling, gave click specific information, and had almost immediate responses. He had other postings for sale as well, a T3 (which I now find peculiar), and a lens. We spoke about his service, stationed at Fort Bragg and that he had family here in Michigan. I checked his Facebook, his birthday matched between here and there, and his location was verified to be Fort Bragg. I felt comfortable with the transaction.

Next, I sent the money, including a few dollars to cover Paypal fees. I always send as a product payment in case something goes bad. However, he responded that he got the payment but the funds wouldn't be released for 21 days. I asked if he was verified and he said he was. He had promptly refunded the money. Feeling comfortable, I resent as a gift. He confirmed he received payment and would ship the next morning... and then I never heard from him again. This was last Tuesday, October 7. I messaged on Thursday asking if he was able to ship because I hadn't heard from him. No reply. He logged onto the forum October 10, he must have seen that message.

I've made multiple polite attempts to contact him here. He hasn't responded. I went to check his Facebook, and it is deactivated.

This has become very personal for me, since he shared he's in the 82nd Airborne on his Facebook. My grandfather was the national president of the 82nd Airborne Association for many years. I've contacted a few friends, and will likely be contacting the base's inspector general. I've taken screenshots of everything to help support my case.

I never thought I would be the person to have a struggle like this in the years of buying/selling online forums. I won't miss the $450 I sent him. He clearly needs it more. I don't hurt for money, just time. Sorely disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1