Buying my first DSLR. Several questions

But the T3 isn't a bad camera?

It's a good camera, do not worry. I personally would have chosen T2i, because now is underestimated due to T3i.
In the description on how to shoot sunsets you hit one limit of T3: no spot metering. There is however partial metering, which approximates spot.

Went and exchanged the T3 for the T2i.

When I was at the store I was looking at the 60D..and started thinking about just getting that or would that be a really bad/stupid move being new to photography?

Went and exchanged the T3 for the T2i.

When I was at the store I was looking at the 60D..and started thinking about just getting that or would that be a really bad/stupid move being new to photography?

More than bad, is unuseful. T3i is in the middle, by the way.
I have a 60D, but the reason why is because I own and use old manual lenses, for which the better viewfinder of 60D is an help.
60D has the same sensor as T2i, it has a better body, wireless flash control as T3i, better viewfinder, and some extras not so compelling at first camera. If you have extra budget, buy a 50/1.8 instead. I see you as a subject at risk of G.A.S. ;)

Dont just read on them, go into a store and handle them, see which one fits you, see which one has controls that make the most sense to you....consider the lens line up..consider what type of photography you want to do....everyone has their opinions on the best camera(s)...but YOU will be the one using whatever it is you wind up with.

Is there any chance you can take your 2 kit lenses back ? Kit lenses are notorious for being to put it optimistically of average image quality. if you can return your lenses do your self a favor and look at tamron or tokina lenses The tamron 17-55 is a wonderful lens (the non VC version is a bit sharper). Also a great way to save money on good lenses is to use older manual focus lenses for the Olympus OM lens mount and Tamron adaptall 2 lens mount (there are technical reasons why I only recomend these lens systems, I can explain if you want to know just ask). Many great lenses can be had for $100.00 and under. These lenses are fully manual for focus and aperture, also you will need an adapter for your camera to allow the use of these lenses they go for about 20.00 on Ebay. One little warning is to stay away from lenses that are for the M42 mount due to technical reasons the adapters for the M42 mount will most likely only sorta work. Canon makes great lenses (outside of there kit offerings) but they cost big big dollars. If you choose to experiment with manual lenses I would recommend a 50mm 1.4 or 1.8 lens , quite inexpensive with great image quality that should allow you to take some great pictures.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLYMPUS-OM-...43981797?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3f158510e5

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back