Buying Used Equipment

MPowerM3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really screwed myself by picking up the Canon 30d at Best Buy this weekend and now it has me wanting to upgrade from the Rebel XT I have now. Theres nothing wrong with it, just like the way the 30d felt better in my hands. bandhphoto.com has some used 20d's (even better then the 30d) for 800 bucks, in like new condition. What do I need to worry about when looking at them? Is there older 20d's that are bad? Should I stick it out and wait for a good deal on a body as I already have most of the lenses? All advice is appreciated!!

B&H is a reputable dealer, probably one of the most reputable. You can certainly trust a purchase from them, and expect a decent return policy. They have a rating system to attest to the condition of used equipment, and according to them, the 20D I clicked on was labeld "Preowned equipment, but appears as new". If it were me, I would call them up, and try and get an idea as to how many shots were taken with it. Also inquire about a warranty. Canon's come with a 1 year manufacturer warranty. If the camera is less than 1 year old, you should be able to use this warranty if you find something defective.

FYI, the 20D is not better than the 30D. The 30D replaced the 20D and is the next evolution.

You can also check www.KEH.com

They have plenty of used equipment and a good rating system. I've heard plenty of good things about them...but I don't have first hand experience.

Thanks for the info guys, I didnt realize the 30d replaced the 20d. I need to wait anyways till prob income tax checks come back, but I also think I'll really want a new camera, I dont like something soo expensive being used. And the price for a new 30d at bandh is probably 1100 I think I remember seeing. Thanks again.

If you are going to wait anyway...keep you eyes on what Canon will do in February. There is an annual Photographic Industry show in February called PMA. It's usually just before or at that show that manufacturers release new models. A new model will maybe give you another option to choose from...and/or drive down the price of existing models.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back