bw or color?

They both work well... I think... maybe... errrrm... colour because I love the way you processed it and the way the processing highlights her hair. :D
thank you!

To my eye, the color brings out the industrial/dismal/sooty background. The woman pops more in the color, but at the same time she also gets sucked into the background. Odd. (And you have some weird sky stuff in the upper right.)

The B&W is cleaner to the eye. The background doesn't seem as industrial and dismal. The B&W would clearly win if the black dress didn't blend into the now black guard rail. The lower left quarter just gets all blended together into a hard to define blackness.

If you fixed the sky in the corner, then the color. If you fixed the guard rail in the B&W, then the B&W. If you fix both, it's a coin toss.
The "weird sky stuff" is the texture applied :) Bw is cleaner and it has no texture in it.
thank you, I haven't noticed the blending until you didn't say it and you described everything nicely.

I'm aware of some "faults" in both images, and I'll fix them... although I should have mentioned this in op :)

BW but lighten up the blacks
yup

Colour. I like the vintage feel.
ok

B & W but as mentioned, bump up the shadows a tad to emphasize her curves a little more.
ok

Color. Definitely. While I agree with Gary that the background does draw focus away from the model just a bit in the color, I find that version holds my attention for a much longer period of time. The b&w version is not as compelling.
thanks for explaining

I like the B&W more than the 70's faded Colour version ... but, the you have lost detail in the blacks.
ok, yes

I want to like the B/W more, but for the same reasons above end up voting for color. Specifically, her right (camera left) upper torso and hip get completely lost. Also I happen to like 4x5 (or 8x10) ratios for verticals. With her feet being cut off and so must space above, I'm drawn to that ratio for this shot as well. Otherwise, to me, this framing feels really tall. But that's just a personal preference thing.
i understand, ty

I really love this shot! And picking which is better is really hard, but I think I am leaning toward B&W. But just by a smidge!
Great work! :)
you're nice

BW. I don't like the colour grading somehow.
ok

Most reactions

New Topics

Back