C & C editing efforts

Heretotherephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.heretotherephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
New to Photoshop and have been playing around with some shots from a few weeks ago. What I did: I played with the temp of the image trying to enhance the reds. I also played with the contrast which seemed to make the image more interesting. The moon was far too bright so inserted a fill color layer black and reduced the opacity till I got the desired effect. I also made the moon more round using the clone tool. The shutter was open for awhile to get the shot which led to a bit of movement on the moon.

I am curious what folks would suggest for editing this further. Specifically how could I make the moon a little more interesting? I have tried to take a more interesting moon and place it in the picture but have not gotten that figured out yet.

This photo is okay to edit.

Thanks

600_Moonlight_Evening.jpg

Something like this?
MoonAndClouds_post.jpg

I wanted to capture what I saw that evening, but you can't do it with one exposure. I set up my tripod, exposed the first one for the moon, then exposed the second for the background (clouds). I used Layer Masks to blend the two in Photoshop. ;)

yeah I want to try that method but am waiting for the book to arrive so I can learn how. You posted an example of one of your website photos awhile ago about how to do that. I am trying to figure out how to get the brush like you did in CS3. The way it feathered to make a smooth transition. I haven't had a lot of time to play though. Stuck in a hotel now though so maybe I'll fiure it out.

Also how do you upload more than one image at a time in order to work with it? I know you can align the layers but not sure how.

I set the Brush Tool to 300px and '0' Hardness. Then you can use the [ and ] brackets keyboard to decrease/increase the size. You van also vary the opacity to refine the Layer.

To align the different images into one file....I use the 'Shift' key while using the 'Move' tool. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back