C&C for a photo

Renol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well actually two versions of the same photo. Looking for some feedback on this. Picking a photo for my daily shot and I'm kinda leaning towards this one. Any pointers would be great but specifically I'd like to know if its interesting and better in b&w or color.

IMG_1468-1.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

The b&w I added a little noise and dust and scratches to give it a grainier look. Upped the contrast a little too. It also occurs to me I should've taken this at a smaller aperture too.

Focal Length: 28.0mm (28-135mm IS f/3.5-5.6)

Exposure Time: 0.013 s (1/80)
Aperture: f/4.0
ISO Equiv.: 100
Whitebalance: Cloudy
Metering Mode: matrix

Wow, these kinds of shots always suck on a monitor. I bet you will get a lot more detail if you do a nice print. The camera can resolve a lot more than a screen with its 72 dpi and limited color space (even in B&W that matters.)

I would go with the B&W, but try and print this. See how much detail you can eek out. It will be a great chance to bone up on sharpness, tonal range, etc.

Consider cloning out some of the little twigs in the foreground snow. In return, try and burn some detail back into the snow for extra texture.

Good luck.

Definitely the B&W. There is not enough color to stand out from the snow and light colored trees in the background to make a difference. Definitely the B&W.

I prefer the B&W. Only C is that to me the trunk of the center tree is too dark. But definitely B&W.
jorg
e

Thanks for the opinions and suggestions everyone. Very much appreciated!

Most reactions

Back