C&C From a few recent shoots with friends

Connor Hibbs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all!
I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

So I am just trying to get a gauge on areas I am lacking in with my photography. As of now I shoot mostly for fun so I have no expectations of being the best or anything near the sort. I know there are obviously many things I can do to improve which is something I would really like to do!

I'm a little nervous about being torn to shreds on here, but I have decided it is better to hear the downsides of my work than to remain fearful and ignorant of my flaws.

I certainly know I am not the best with my posing and would love if anyone could recommend books or other resources that could help me to learn more about it!

Thank you so much in advance to anyone that writes a response and helps me to get better at the thing I enjoy doing! I will do my best to keep an open mind and implement any critiques I get!

Thanks all!
Connor

Allie-150616 -1.jpg

Jagoda-150721 -1.jpg

Jagoda-150721 -2.jpg

Kayla-150716 -1.jpg

Michelle-150724 -1.jpg

Michelle-150724 -2.jpg

Thanks again everyone!

I'm a little nervous about being torn to shreds on here, but I have decided it is better to hear the downsides of my work than to remain fearful and ignorant of my flaws.

I don't think you need to worry TOO much. ;)
You have pictures of pretty ladies - that always helps... and you have some skill, which helps even more.
1 and 4 are my favourites.
1: Love the lighting and the DoF. Knee and hands in front could be problematical as this tends to make them look too large in proportion but I think you carried it off here and did it rather well.

2: Nice shot but it doesn't do anything for me, not sure why, perhaps the colours?

3: Lovely lady, good pose but I'm not a fan of the tilt and personally, I'd crop away the empty space behind her after I straightened it.

4: You cropped her toe out. Bad boy!! Otherwise this is lovely (and so is she). I don't usually like this style of processing much but in this case I love it to pieces.
Practical tip. You had her walk to the site in heels through the dirt and it shows on her shoe. Have your model walk to the site in regular flats and carry her heels so they're nice and clean for the shots. With her heels sinking into the grass like they did you risk her injuring herself as well as being annoyed and uncomfortable.

5: Again, this one does nothing for me, maybe it's the dark sides/vignette that doesn't work (for me)?

6: I almost like this one. The downsides are looking into her underarm, the hang of her top (I don't like that flap bit at the back and the way it masks her shape) and, worst of all, the way you posed her hands so that the backs of them are so wrinkled. I'd like to see this one cropped off above her hand. I think that would salvage it 'cos I could live with the underarm.

Overall - GOOD work. IMHO you've got what it takes. This is a great place to get tips on improving your images.
I've noted your name as one to watch. :D

I was going to write; "too many photos for C&C", then I see that Granddad found the energy to write on each one of them. So here goes:

#1 is very good.
#2 is pretty good, but needs something to tie the subject to the background.
#3 is not good due to the drippy gunk staining the wall.
#4 is nice, but something of an unnatural pose, and you've cropped her foot.
#5 is cropped way too tight.
#6 is good but the costume is a distraction.

as the traveler said - reply not needed. the only one is the one of the shoe, you cropped it a bit

Agree too bad about the shoe but quite stunning photos.

Love em all! Just to mention something new, #5 seems like you missed the focus on the eyes. It's more so focused on the hair. Great job! I'm a fan! My favorite is #1

I think well done... I am not going to repeat what has already said. Yeah some minor posing tweaks would improve them that little bit, but these things are hard to see in the heat of the moment. To be the basic are there. The photos are generally well done (baring the foot being cut off and wonky level shot). Also looks like you've got some nice talent to work with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back