C&C on my 1st ever shots

First

How to post pictures and use forum functions: A pictoral guide to using TPF

Second, using FB to post pictures doesn't always work (if you have certain privacy settings enabled, only your friends will be able to see them)

Instead, try imageshack.us (Free) / Flickr (Free with yahoo account, also free) / Photobucket (never used this one).

Third...both links are the same picture. lol

Tip for free: Right click the picture, click Properties, that's how you get the URL of the pic.

Here is your pic as it should appear in your post: ( I know it's against the rules to post a pic not your own, but for purposes of demonstration...)
19862_1189454705742_1509583531_30469730_5320895_n.jpg

Here is the URL to get the pic to show: http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...89454705742_1509583531_30469730_5320895_n.jpg

Now stick tags on it.
[/B]

Last edited:
I only see a jacket on a chair a little off kilter and a little under exposed???

Also DSLR??? What kind? what lens??? :meh: Hard to help you improve with the lack of info...

canon 7D and the lens is 50mm f1.8. and dude what do you mean by underexposed?

fatty, the URL is the location? thanks!

Don't take offense to the C & C you'll receive. Some people here are nicer than other but, they'll all help you improve. Keep in mind, if it's interesting to you and you like it, then who cares. Good Luck!

yeah, thats why i have to accept their comments even if its good or bad. so that i will learn. i really want to be good at this. lol. thanks!:thumbup:

pic has a lot of grays in it, doesn't seem to pop with vivid color, I don't know I am a rookie maybe not explaining it right... Interesting composition though.

P.S. I am not one of the mean people there are some real mean ones around here...

Last edited:
Oh boy... Read the manual. Read "Understanding Exposure". Familiarize yourself with what an exposure is. Learn about ISO, aperture, shutter speed and how they all interact. Then start taking more photos.

i am, thats why i posted a pic here so that i can get some of your ideas, i cant just learn through just reading the manual. anyway thanks dude!

i will read it again, and i guess that it will blink if its over or underexposed right? so whats the difference if the pics are taken overexposed or under?:grumpy:

i will read it again, and i guess that it will blink if its over or underexposed right? so whats the difference if the pics are taken overexposed or under?:grumpy:

I'm new too, but the way I understand it is thus:

1) If it's underexposed, it looks like the light isn't really going anywhere (lots of deep dark shadows, looks very dull and gray)

2) If it's overexposed, any light sources or lit areas tend to look oversaturated and overly bright (more than what you actually saw in real life).

Ideally exposed is something in the middle; detail in the shadows, and detail in the bright spots. Lack of detail (meaning you can't see anything except white or black in lit areas or shadows) is a bad thing.

Oh boy... Read the manual. Read "Understanding Exposure". Familiarize yourself with what an exposure is. Learn about ISO, aperture, shutter speed and how they all interact. Then start taking more photos.

Definitely agree with reading Understanding Exposure. Peterson has a way of making it a little simpler. The exposure triangle is a fairly simple concept but difficult to put into practice and he really helped me to see how it all works together. You can get it on amazon for under $20. Totally worth it IMO

I have a couple threads in my sig that would probably be a good read for you, if you're just starting out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back