TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregorytran.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

2:

3:

Hello. I haven't posted anything for c&c in a while, and thought it was time i get some feedback to know what i need to work on.

These photos were taken walking around different parts of the city.

Photo 1, the creep of the ivy, and the contrast of the colors is what caught my eye.

Photo 2, the lines, shapes, and colors (and i thought the person walking through it on her phone added to it as well, i had a shot w/ the doors alone but it felt too static). also, i liked the "swatch" of light that paints across the door and the scene...

Photo 3, i'm normally not a big animal shooter, but i was actually trying to take a photo of the knot in the tree that i thought looked like an animal face, and this guy crept into my viewfinder...

thanks in advance

Not a big fan of the first 2. Just doesn't intrest me all that much.

#3 however I really enjoy. I love to catch animals just doing what they do. There is just that sense that mother-nature is posing and we get to reap the benefits. Great job on 3.

I like 1 a lot and how the colors go with eachother quite well! And 3 is pretty cool but 2 also does not interest me.
Tj

hah... so funny i like them in order of 2, then 1, and 3 being my least favorite.

thanks for the comments so far...

i agree with syphlix, i really really like number 2, i think it would of been a little better if the girl walking was right in the middle of that door, you know sort of framed by it. but at the same time i think its a great picture. keep up the good work.

I like #2. Personally I'd put her between the two doors, a foot in front of either door. But I think that's an artistic decision that is up to the photographer to make.

I love #2. #1 is quite good as well, but #2 is the standout for me. #3 may do it for the nature crowd, but I'd rather see people anyday. :)

I like number #2 the most, however I may have framed it a bit tighter, cutting out part of the larger red door and keeping the woman as the subject

I like minimalist type images especially when there are strong color schemes like in your first two.

In #1 though, I would like to see the entire vine in focus.

And in #2, I would have waited just a bit longer so that the woman had walked into the image a bit more and she would be hiding the door lock and knob. Also I think I would get rid of the light (or whatever it is) over the garage door.

Personally I'd put her between the two doors, a foot in front of either door. But I think that's an artistic decision that is up to the photographer to make.

or i just have bad timing!

In #1 though, I would like to see the entire vine in focus.

And in #2, I would have waited just a bit longer so that the woman had walked into the image a bit more and she would be hiding the door lock and knob. Also I think I would get rid of the light (or whatever it is) over the garage door.

Yea. I realized when i looked at the image at home that i screwed the DOF up a little. tried cropping the bottom fuzzy part out but then i didn't like that either. just something i need to think of while i'm on the spot

also it's funny u mention the light... first thing i did when i pulled the image up was to clone out the lamp, then the sign, but then decided i liked it better w/ them in and put them back in

cool... thanks for the comments... though honestly... at this point in my learning curve i'd hesitate to call anything art lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back