Cafe Stop

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this photograph of my Dad while waiting for lunch one day in this fabulous little cafe. The lighting wasn't great and I know the glare from the door takes a lot of the attention but there's something about this shot that I really like.

Gozo15.jpg

I've been trying to play around with it in PS but I'm at a loss as to what I should do to fix it - any suggestions?

cool pic. that light/reflection in the top right is really distracting, i'd burn that in

do you mean the top right corner as opposed to the door? I'll have a go at burning that and see what happens. Thanks for looking!

I think I would have liked it better if he were having more "room to look into" - thus he's looking right out of the frame. That plus all the space (with distracting light spots) to the right... does show the atmosphere of the place where you took it, but couldn't you have suggested he look at you just for the moment of the photo? (Just my thoughts - they are worth nothing... not even 2 cts.)

I find the door more distracting that the light fitting. But maybe if you fixed the door, the light would then become distracting. Argh!
I'd reduce the red in his face and do something with his arm. I find it really distracting there all cut off.
Why don't you post it in the Photoshop Challenge area and see what people can do? Then they can tell you how they went about it.

Thanks everyone. I might just take up that suggestion Meysha. It'd be interesting to see what people could do with it.

in the original can you see his hands? that's the main thing that bugs me. other than that and the lights, it's really nice. good lighting, good character. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back