Call Corporate

Could you possibly clarify what you considered "rude?" Because the critique of the photo was pretty much spot on.

I'm confused about what you're asking in your OP. Are you saying that you think you WERE "up close and personal" with your subject in this photo and that they were fine with it?
Are you saying it's odd that they were staring at your camera and gear? That doesn't seem odd to me, that someone would stare at you when you are pointing your camera at THEM.
And, why don't you want anyone to talk about centering? Wouldn't you want to hear ANYthing that might improve your photos?

Centering isn't really the best plan, generally speaking, anyway, but getting your subject out of the tiny little portion of the photo that they are in here (assuming that the people ARE the subject of the photo, and not the fuzzy car…), would be immensely helpful.
the way he said it. Some people here are not professional photographers and definitely not pros in human relations. I am sure you can figure this out.

If you re knowing what you re doing.
Eexplain why you would make a picture with an out-of-focus car with a overexposed rear, almost touching the top, with a big empty foreground that contributes nothing and al the way in the corner two persons,way to small to be the subject (who aren't realy sharp either)
Explain what you like about this picture. For me these things in the composition doesn't work, also the lack of focus isn't plaesant to watch.
Asuming you want to learn you should read more about techniques (ex. 10 Top Photography Composition Rules Photography Mad )
And about the meaning, My point of view is always What do I want to show, even during a concert I think of what I want to show with my pictures. A picture with no meaning, no subject, nothing to tell won't keep viewers.
Maybe try teaching him? just a thought...

We're all published. Including me of course. I just wanted to know why this one was. 'Rude,' because you talk like I don't even know what I'm doing. And as far as applying meaning to it, I NEVER

This makes no sense. You claim you're published? Where?

If you know what you're doing, like you say you are, then you wouldn't need to constantly explain the image. It should 'tell the story' all by itself.

And we have yet to know what that story is, or even could be. If you didn't apply any meaning to it, we certainly can't extract any meaning out of it.

It's just a shot of a car and two people, poorly exposed and edited, that does nothing more than take up bandwidth.

So you are saying that you can take someones picture and they don't have a problem with it if you took the picture in a way that they did not know you were taking their picture? It seems you pointed the camera at the car to make them think that is what you were taking a picture of but then kept them just in the frame and focused on them and not the car. Instead of trying to take their picture without them knowing it would be better to talk to people and be able to take their picture with their consent.

Eexplain why you would make a picture with an out-of-focus car with a overexposed rear, almost touching the top, with a big empty foreground that contributes nothing and al the way in the corner two persons,way to small to be the subject (who aren't realy sharp either)
Explain what you like about this picture. For me these things in the composition doesn't work, also the lack of focus isn't plaesant to watch.
Asuming you want to learn you should read more about techniques (ex. 10 Top Photography Composition Rules Photography Mad )
And about the meaning, My point of view is always What do I want to show, even during a concert I think of what I want to show with my pictures. A picture with no meaning, no subject, nothing to tell won't keep viewers.
To Try is To Learn, but wanting to learn is essential.

To Try is To Learn, but wanting to learn is essential.
Tact. I will leave it at that

Most reactions

New Topics

Back