Camera for motorsport

Where's the roll eyes smiley.

Canon's 1D? Oh wait, spending $2000 on a camera vs, $1000, vs $7000.

I'm sure any camera can take great pictures, but can you?

I can produce good images but not "great" images for my standards. I'm not experienced though (6 months of serious photography :p).

FACT: Some images are never larger than 2"x2" and don't leave newsprint.

Go to a newspaper as a freelance and sell a low res 2x2in picture to someone, and tell them that it doesn't need to be bigger. Likely, they will tell you that they don't pay for pictures that can ONLY be 2x2. If they want to take a large print and reduce it, then that is their own business.

Hi,

Thanks very much for all your comments I'm glad that I wasn't being ripped off by the owner of the shop.

I think I have decided to purchase the Canon rather than the Nikon. After reading the discussions here it seems to be a decision based on branding and personal taste between the two makes.

Thanks again for your help. I do have another question about the lens but I'll start another thread for that.

Crocc

I am after a camera which will take some really great photos.

search "pet peeves".....:lol:

You did not fill out your profile, so I don't know if you have any experience with an SLR, but a really good camera will not take really good photos. It's all in the hands of the operator. I can take some really great panning shots with my little Canon Elph.....once I learned the shutter lag.

Beware of better quality = better shots. There is a lot to be learned.

As far as taking pictures of F1, you will need some decent quality glass to go with that camera. F1 cars are fast, very difficult to crisply catch, and you are usually not allowed as close to the track as you would be at a more local track...Mid-Ohio, Lime Rock, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back