Can someone recommend a studio lighting kit?

Novajet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eades.ws
I'm looking to purchase a studio lighting kit for a home studio. It's only going to be used to take pictures of my own children, so I'm not worried about getting top of the line, but I do want something that will work okay.

I know nothing about lighting equipment, so if someone could point me in the direction of a kit, that would be wonderful. If possible, I'd like something less than $300. Is that possible?

hi nova!

this setup looks great! its not the worlds biggest but it would certainly get the job done!! i say go for it! great price too...can i have it instead? :wink:

md

These are Continous Lighting - not strobes, so be aware that they will be always on, therefore pretty warm.

No big deal as long as the heat from the lamps doesn't bother you...just wanted you to be aware that they are not strobes.

I just checked the Freestyle catalog. They have a set of JTL DL-320 Monolights for $299.99.

The problem with contiuous lighting is they get hot. And if your going to be in a confined area with limited ventilation it gets noticeable real fast.

If you haven't worked with lighting before, hot lights will be good for experimenting with setups as you see the lighting ratios before you actually shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back