Canon 10d

photogincollege

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering what people think of the 10d? I know it was a good camera back in the day but is it too outdated now? Would I be better off spending an extra 100 or 200 for the 20 or 30d? The reason i ask is i was hoping to get a 20 or 30d but there is a 10d used on b&h for 389. I can afford the extra bit, but would i be better off putting that into some good glass, or just get the better camera and a little less lens?

The 10D is a good camera but IMHO the 20D and 30D are MUCH better. You'll see a big difference in the dynamic range as well as in higher ISO captures. Don't get me wrong... the 10D is great but instead of using mine, I'm looking at having it converted to IR. While it served me well... the 30D made me feel comfortable with digital for the first time. Someday try to get your hands on a 5D. You'll be totally and utterly in love. :lovey:

The 10D is a wonderful camera. As with technology, it moves... and moves quickly. If you say you can afford a bit extra, go ahead and move on to the 20 or 30D.

I agree.

One thing to note, is that the 10D is not compatible with Canon EF-S lenses...even though it has the same sensor size as the Rebels, 20, 30 & 40D.

Look for a 20D, or even a Rebel XT etc

A friend has a 10D and likes it a lot. He does plan to upgrade to a 40D soon though. He does good work with the 10, it seems to be a capable camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back