Canon 7Dii Focus Issue Thread

It was fun going back and forth about the issues "both" companies have. But golly wally............. that brainy dude seems to have a serious hard-on for sniffing out Canon's flaws. That is some serious research and cataloging he is doing! I think your feelings really did get hurt, didn't they? :boogie:

I didn't have to sniff it out. I can't browse a photography website, except this one, where the issues isn't thrust into my lap.

I'm doing everyone a service here, by keeping this community informed on the issue.

It's a wonder how braineack makes any money. What with all the time spent digging thru issues that have no effect on him. Maybe it's just a general lack of a life.

I'm a shill remember. Just like Fro:

In his review of the 7dii he complains about the AF (go to 29:00) and makes money doing it.

and now some food for thought. This is a quote from a member who eventually sent his 7Dii in for service after being told there was no issue and he doesn't know how to use a camera:

[T]he naysayers will say nothing was ever wrong w/ my camera. I tend to differ. The camera is [now] working and I am enjoying it.

Please remember, this is a canon shooter talking to other canon shooters. :)

Last edited:
the studio photographer here who uses a 5km3 and 5dm2 bought a
And that goodguy isn't far behind him. Always rushing to his defense. lol!

I think they're one and the same ha. :trink39:
Nope, he has a D600 and I have a D750
He has a Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 VC I have the Nikon 24-70mm 2.8G
He has the Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 VC while I have the Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 VC............OMG we have same lens, then we must be the same guy with split personality :twoface:
I knew something was fishy with you two !! :)

Welp until such time as Canon stops servicing cameras I'll be content.

Though on the other hand didn't all those Nikons have to be recalled and rebuilt that one time? Not just a calibration error but a full recall!

Also - I can't wait till Nikon has a focusing error now - Brain will have fits!

I didn't have to sniff it out. I can't browse a photography website, except this one, where the issues isn't thrust into my lap.

That just goes to show how skilled and talented the members here are :)
and also how when one is on a site with many thousands of active members any error reporting gets amplified (esp since some sites do better than us in google rankings)

well yeah, i'm not sure there are that many, if any, 7dii users here.

the D7000 was/is notorious for focusing issues.

Yep, the my D7000 was just awful with its back focusing issues, it was so bad that I almost gave up and moved to Canon.............thank god though I wasn't that desperate and made a huge mistake, just a temporary weak moment :)

My d7000 was/is just fine :)

there you have it @goodguy; it was just user error. take it off servo mode.

you dont want me to get started on the IQ from a 7Dii :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back