Canon or Sony

lawnchair_alchemist said:
Which do you guys think is better, the Rebel XT or that new Sony I'm hearing great things about.
Let us not forget the God of Photography... Nikon!!:mrgreen:

I haven't really heard too much about the Sony, but several people here have the XT and love it.

Side by Side

What do you think is better? Ford or Chevy? Honda or Toyota? Coke or Pepsi? Left or Right? Up or Down?

OK, I'm being silly...but the point is that comparing brand names doesn't get you very far. If either camera can produce a great photo...then it comes down to what is best for you.

Personally I would stick with either the Canon or look at Nikon. Much better selection of lenses to choose from.

Big Mike said:
What do you think is better? Ford or Chevy? Honda or Toyota? Coke or Pepsi? Left or Right? Up or Down?

Mike is right… It’s all a matter of personal preference.

Visit retailers that offer the cameras that interest you, and take some time for a little “hands-on”. The camera body that feels comfortable is the one for you.

airgunr said:
Personally I would stick with either the Canon or look at Nikon. Much better selection of lenses to choose from.

Good point from Airgunr… Sony is very reputable, no question about that… But they are also very new to the DSLR game, and the competition is fierce. Will Sony have the staying power? Will they continue to support their product with new lenses? Only time will tell.

canon might be introducing an XT replacement at photokina next month...might want to wait and see.

otherwise i think it's a pretty tough draw...the sony has some advantages over the xt, but I'd much rather join up with the canon because of their MUCH more experienced equipment line.

I don't know if it needs to be mentioned (but it hasn't been yet, so here it is)...the Sony will take Minolta (A-type) lenses. Canon still has a better lens line up but at least the Sony has a pool of older lenses to draw from.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back