Canon Powershot S2 IS

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by barich16cmu, Nov 15, 2005.

1. barich16cmu

barich16cmu TPF Noob!

Im thinking about finally getting a decent camera and want to know if anybody else has this camera. The reason I picked this is because I want a 5 MP with atleast 10x Optical zoom. After reviewing the cameras that fell into those categories, the Canon looked best to me. Please let me here your feedback. Thank you.

2. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

There are a few users with that camera. Do a search in the Members List and you can put in the type of camera and it will show the users that have that same camera.

Right off hand, I know Jocose has one.

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm seen a few people with this camera...looks pretty good for a point & shoot.

My advice, spend a bit more and get a Rebel XT. More expensive but 10x the camera.

4. RickyN29

RickyN29 TPF Noob!

I have it, (Had the S1 as well) and absolutely love it. The zoom is amazing, the Image Stabilization incredible, the picture quality and vibrance is awesome.

If you want to save on the price, I would consider selling you mine with a 1GB highspeed card. It is like BRAND NEW condition, original box/manuals/cds/everything included.

I have a DSLR that I use professionally, so I don't really need the S2.

Let me know if you are interested.

5. jadin

jadin The Mad Hatter

George Lepp, the technology writer for Outdoor Photographer uses this camera when he doesn't want to lug around his normal gear. So it almost has to be a good camera. ;)