Canon Rebel XS

iwilli1169

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to get into DSLR territory and I like to tinker with things so I purchased a Canon EOS Rebel XS on eBay. I got a good price and I know what's wrong with it but I need parts. I need a mainboard for it but can't seem to find one less than $130. Canon says they will fix for $160 and I got another quote for $185.

Does anybody know where I can get a mainboard for about $70 or so?

I found another Rebel XS that kind of functions. The display shuts off after a few seconds. I figured I could upgrade the firmware but it won't cooperate.

Does anybody know where I can get the Firmware 1.0.6? Since it won't take 1.0.7, I would like to see if it will take the earlier firmware.

BTW, having two broken Rebel XSs is not any fun at all. :((

That is the same problem i got into, my XS had about 18k clicks on it when it started acting up.Canon basically said the cheapest fix would be approximately $200. They charge that much off the top to tear the camera apart look it over and clean it up to as like new as they can. Assuming it had a very cheap fix. Anything over that was going to cost more. I ended up buying a new 60 D because I didn't want to put $200 plus into a used XS. Not sure what is wrong with mine but some days it works and then it will flash error 99. I can shut it off and back on and it will start working again for a period of time. Some times it will work fine foe days, some days it won't work at all.

Most reactions

Back