Canon S5 Is

solrac8126

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,
I just ordered a canon PS S5is camera from an online store, i should received it maybe on Wednesday
After some reviews online (slr-like's) i decided to go with that one, i went with that one cuz i did not have the money for a slr right now, nor the knowledge.
I have a sony dsc-p32, the flash stop working on my father's birthday :grumpy: so i decided we needed an upgrade, with that camera i never bother to learn much than point and shoot :D
Now since i have a better camera than the p32 i will like to know, how to improve my "photographer" skills, ;) i will like to know more about isos, exposure and all those words, what do they do and all the info i can get
I don't know any good website to go and learn, if you can point me to a good direction i will be more than happy.
I also like to know my limits with that camera so i won't get frustrated trying to take impossible pictures with it.

Thanx

Sounds like a nice step up, I had the Canon S2 IS and I would give it a 5.5/10 and now I have upgraded to a D40. but shoot with that camera until you find it limiting or feel like going to an SLR. (btw you can get 35mm film SLRs for pretty cheap when you want to experiment with it)

The first thing I would says is read the manual front to back.

then look here: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93722

I find myself refering to this thread often when I need/want to know something.

I had an S2 prior to switching to my XTi. I don't think I would of done so well with my XTi without the knowledge I learned from my S2. Good luck and post some photos......... :)

well i finally got it, saturday :angry1:
so here are some pics i took just to test.
album.php

any comments ? heheh :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back