Cape Neddick Light

Garrentee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
York, Maine

My favorite lighthouse...my monitor is slowly becoming crappy so let me know how the colors look as well as anything else that could be improved!!?

Thanks

april07250-1.jpg

1/15, f22, iso 100

bump...anyone?

Sure- Nice light, nice scene. A couple little things though are a bit distracting (IMO).

I hate when that happens stuff: The flag is casting a shadow on the house. Other than cloning out, there ain't really nothing that can be done. With the flag blowing, it would probably look cloned out.

The composition seems too wide/broad or spread out or something. Might even need to be wider though.

The rocks are gorgeous, but maybe not enough of them. I would have traded sky for more rocks. But then, it's always my luck that that's where they keep the garbage cans.

Beautiful place. I would have been on it too. You work all the way around it?

I've come to my own personal conclusion that some scenes are meant just for the photographer to enjoy and unfortunatley must be passed by (curses).

You live in a really pretty place. Here, if it's not desert, it's tract homes or trash.

abraxas, thanks for your insite!!!

i now see the flag pole and didnt notice it before...thats why its so great to have someone elses opinion...

i also agree on the comp...it seems as though its not tight enough or to tight for the whole scene...

the problem with the rocks was that the shadows cast from the surrounding houses blocked the sunset below what i have cropped it at...if that makes sense?

this lighthouse is actually one of the most photographed lighthouse on the east coast...so maybe i just didnt do it any justice!!!

But! I will try again and again till i get it right!!

thanks again
garrentee

nice composition/crop, i like the late light (or early light?), that definitely helps. my only nitpicks would be that the bottom edge seems a little dark, and i have a personal issue against power poles/lines (far left edge)... other than that i'm enthralled because like abraxas, i live in the desert where lighthouses are hard to come by...

Most reactions

Back