Car choices

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Who else is into cars?
I'm sorta putting aside all camera upgrades (and new watches) and looking to upgrade my car.

Deciding between a 2015 VW Golf TSi and a 2015 Mazda3

Who else is into cars?
I'm sorta putting aside all camera upgrades (and new watches) and looking to upgrade my car.

I'm sort of into cars but not enough to put aside spending on camera gear. I recently bought a '17 Mitsubishi outlander sport and set it all up for my active outdoor lifestyle with bike and kayak racks, power inverter, etc. I love it.

Out of the cars you're talking about, I think the VW is a way cooler ride. I've always had a thing for VW vehicles but I've never owned one.. my cousin has a CC that I drove a few times and it was a great car.

The mazda3 is also phenomenally good. The CC is nice but a lot more money.

I have a 13 Mazda 3 hatch 5spd that I've already put 80000 miles on it. Oil changes and a set of tires are the only maintenance I've needed. I drove a Mazda 2 before this...60000...set of tires and oil changes.

Agreed. The Mazda is a nice ride as well.. I considered and test drove the 3 and the cx-3 when I was car shopping. Both drive much better than my Mitsubishi for sure and part of me wishes I would have gone with something more powerful and fun.

Who else is into cars?

My favorite new car is a Ram 3500 crew cab long bed. Lots of trunk space for gear. :allteeth:

Agreed. The Mazda is a nice ride as well.. I considered and test drove the 3 and the cx-3 when I was car shopping. Both drive much better than my Mitsubishi for sure and part of me wishes I would have gone with something more powerful and fun.

Hard to give up the versatility, though. When it comes down to it...I'd rather drive my car in almost any situation. Until it's snowing, or we're camping somewhere in the mountains, or whatever where my wife's Subaru kicks my car's ass with its AWD and ground clearance.

Hard to give up the versatility, though. When it comes down to it...I'd rather drive my car in almost any situation. Until it's snowing, or we're camping somewhere in the mountains, or whatever where my wife's Subaru kicks my car's ass with its AWD and ground clearance.

I want the ‘14 or newer. The first time I saw the 3rd Gen I knew I had to have it. I’m driving an 04 with 340,000km. Needs rear brakes, thermostat, serpentine belt and rear struts fixed...basically regular work on an old car. So i figured...eh time to get that sorted....cheaper to get a newer car. I've had it for 7 years already.

I had to have it when I saw the Protege5. I've always loved them.

Who else is into cars?

If you like to drive and want a car designed for someone who likes to drive - definitely the Mazda. I love my 2017 Mazda 3 hatch. It's solid with a very composed suspension and handling.

The Golf is nice, but it's too much of a boy racer car. ;) I grew up with VWs and thought I would always prefer them, but I have to say that they are less enjoyable to drive than they used to be.

Who else is into cars?

If you like to drive and want a car designed for someone who likes to drive - definitely the Mazda. I love my 2017 Mazda 3 hatch. It's solid with a very composed suspension and handling.

The Golf is nice, but it's too much of a boy racer car. ;) I grew up with VWs and thought I would always prefer them, but I have to say that they are less enjoyable to drive than they used to be.

2017 too rich for my blood. I’m looking at a mid line 2.0L version....2014 or 2015

Who else is into cars?

2017 too rich for my blood. I’m looking at a mid line 2.0L version....2014 or 2015

Not suggesting you get a 2017, just that you go with Mazda.

Who else is into cars?

Not suggesting you get a 2017, just that you go with Mazda.

I don’t mind a civic either.
Is your mazda3 the GT version?

I don’t mind a civic either.
Is your mazda3 the GT version?

Nope, the GS, 6-speed. I didn't need or want the extra crap on the GT trim level.

I lied. Didn't realize that GX, GS, and GT were Canadian labels for trim levels. Here, we call them Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring.

I thought GS referred to Sport, which is what I have, but it doesn't. I have the equivalent of the GX.

ahhh i have to wait till January to get the car..argh
Mazda3
though the less sensible part of me wants a VW GTI

Most reactions

Back