Car show tips

Brutus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm going to a car show next week, and am wondering what kind of techniques and angles I should try out in order to get some good pictures. If there are some good cars outside and it's a nice, sunny day, I think i want to try an HDR, but that's about all I have planned. I only have one picture of a car, and it's rather unremarkable:

2980414710_f9c47bf826.jpg

first off i think its nice to have a wide lens. i went to the chicago autoshow a few years ago and went with a 28-135, i had trouble getting pictures of the whole car without moving back, but then people would walk in my way and it was just a pain.

as for angles, try not to get the same shot over and over for every car you take a picture of. this is another mistake i made during that auto show. all of my pictures was the same. try to mix it up the angles. try also not to have the car in the middle of the shots. also try not to cut off any part of the car. but pictures of the sides of the car can be okay.
such as
2443891295_ea882fa15b.jpg

if you wanta do some HDRs i would recommend to bring a tripod or shoot in raw.

good luck with your pics.

Yes, I always shoot in RAW, as I sometimes have some trouble with underexposing. Thanks for the tips, and nice pic.

Most reactions

Back