Carnival Fun House

Rick Waldroup

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.rickwphotography.com
Shot with a Lumix L1 and Leica 14-50mm zoom

94886477.jpg

good shot, I love the fact that the image is of a fun house and these characters don't seem amused at all....maybe a touch too much contrast in the bright areas. How do you like the L1? I have thought about getting one.

good shot, I love the fact that the image is of a fun house and these characters don't seem amused at all....maybe a touch too much contrast in the bright areas. How do you like the L1? I have thought about getting one.

Thanks Roger. Yeah, I shot this in raw and jpg and worked this from the jpg. I probably should have taken the time to PP it from the raw file. I just about blew it out in the highlight areas.

The L1 is a weird camera to shoot, especially if you are coming from a regular dslr. It is not especially fast shooting, but it acts very much like a film camera and it also looks like a rangefinder film camera, even though it is not a true rangefinder. The Leica lens that came with it is superb. I have really enjoyed shooting the camera. I've only had it about 2 months and have not done a lot of shooting with it.

Yes, the guy on top, I'm afraid, did not care too much for me shooting his picture. I had snapped off a couple and lowered the camera and he shot me the bird. Unfortuantely, I did not get that shot. :x

I think I will go back and re-work this from the raw file and see how it looks.

much better, I can see your reflection clearly now too....I might see if I can get a play with the L1, there's a s/h one in a shop that's been there a while.

Yep, Roger, it came out much better. I just had to quit being lazy and go back and rework the raw image. :wink:

I tell you, I love the L1. And I came from a background of using nothing but pro Nikon bodies that last few years- A D2H and a D1x. I am retiring from the photo biz after 30 years and I sold every bit of my Nikon gear and went with this 4/3 system. Finally, after many years, I can enjoy photography as a hobby again and do what I love shooting most which is street and urban photography. I will be adding the Leica 25mm 1.4 lens here sometime next week and after that the Olympus 50-200 2.8 zoom. I will toss in an external flash and that will be it- my entire kit. I can fit it all in a large Kata fanny pack.

Now, the only real complaint I have is the raw software that comes bundled with the camera. It is Silkypix and it is okay, but there are better raw converters out there.

Yes, if you get a chance, play around with one and see what you think. It is not a camera for everyone, but for what I intend to do with it, it is just right for me. Let me know how it works out. Thanks once again for the kind words about the shot.

I like this shot a lot. I'm considering getting a L1 and some leica lenses to replace my E1. I really like the 4/3 system myself and it's good to see such nice cameras like the L1 and Digilux have adopted it. I can finally find nicer glass for my E1 thanks to them!

Most reactions

Back