Cat Photos C&C - Which is your favorite?

littlered03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some photos of my cat, Pickle, and am trying to figure out which ones are the best. I picked my favorite four and now would like your feedback on not only which one you like best, but why and what I could do to improve. Thank you!

4408824602_1b171bda79.jpg

4408824352_07f2c34a9d.jpg

4408824474_08569b74f0.jpg

4408059549_bd479b7c3c.jpg

They are all very nicely done but out of all of them 1 & 4 are my favs. The composition is more interesting x

#1 for sure those eyes are AMAZING how did you get them to stand out so much?

Thank you!

In Photoshop, after I was done editing the photos, I traced around both eyes to make them a selection. Then, in a new layer I filled them with a light green (you will have to play around with this until you get the right color). Then, I went into blending options on the layer and selected "color." That will make it look like the eyes are actually that color because the layer blends in with what is under it. I hope that helped!

The pictures look great. #3 is probably my favorite. Since there's no EXIF data on the pictures...what did you use to take them? Camera/lens/settings/etc...

The pictures look great. #3 is probably my favorite. Since there's no EXIF data on the pictures...what did you use to take them? Camera/lens/settings/etc...

I probably should have linked to my Flickr page for more info: Flickr: littlered03's Photostream

If you click on the pictures there, you can see all the info. I used my Nikon D5000 with the kit 18-55mm lens. For the settings, you can look at the individual pictures.

love the eyes! 4 is my fave, closely followed by 1, two is my least fave but i think thats just coz the colour is duller.

love the eyes! 4 is my fave, closely followed by 1, two is my least fave but i think thats just coz the colour is duller.
Thank you - I agree about the duller colors - I might go back and tweak that a bit.

I agree, those eyes are great, #1 and 4 for me too!

Here are my takes on my favorite one, let me know what you think:

Here's the original, but cropped more tightly and centered a little differently:
Picklecrop.jpg

One thing about Pickle is that he has striking green eyes. I think it looks a little better with the color boosted a bit:
Picklecolor.jpg

There is also a nice contrast & texture in his fur & whiskers, and texture usually comes out better in B&W to my eye:
PickleBW.jpg

Your kitty is beautiful and looks like alot of fun but the oversaturation and radioactive eyes kill the pics for me. Too much PP IMO.

Your kitty is beautiful and looks like alot of fun but the oversaturation and radioactive eyes kill the pics for me. Too much PP IMO.

Yes, I tend to agree. I don't mind a bit of accentuation, but a bit of contrast would have been fine on his eyes.

I really like #1 and #4, and your kitty looks like a great lap warmer and all around nice, full of character feline.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back