CC please

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been so busy at work but had a little free time to take some pics for a friend. I like this pic and the last one of the day and the sun was set.
I was in a spot that I was not use to... Not enough light to get my shutter up, I was not sure how high I could go with my ISO and I knew I need some DOF.
1/80
ISO 500
My wife was holding Godox AD600 with a shoot through umbrella.
I did switch to a 85 mm thinking that would help with the "focal length x shutter speed" rule but didn't like the picture as well as I did with the 135 mm.
Is this picture sharp enough?
PSX_20170901_195911-01.jpeg

It's kinda blury ain't it?

The biggest issue is the way you have stainless them. You have lined 4 people up on the bottom row and then pop there is a single guy above them. The woman on the left looks like she is in a really alkward position, and the pregnant lady just looks really uncomfortable. I’m betting she did not have a present time getting up in that wagon and down out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG pretty much nailed it. If i had to guess, I'd say you said something like, "Hey everyone, jump on that wagon..." and that was it. You've got two men, two large ladies and one slender one. My initial pose would have been: Lady in white shirt, guy, slender lady, guy, pregnant lady, paying attention to their arm & leg positioning so that it was somewhat similar. Pose #2 (if there is room - can't tell) would have been the three ladies in the same order, seated, two guys kneeling behind.

Thanks.. and yeah.. y'all jump up on that wagon is how that happened. I have zero knowledge on posing.
PSX_20170901_233437-01.jpg

I think you're good with your lighting. But that first shot you got two exposures -- which is what caused the blurred look. It also seems you applied extra NR to it, just making it all look soft.

My biggest complaint about the second shot is how close to center the catch-lights in her eyes are. I think with a little processing you can make this one really stand out. Just a touch of contrast and vibrancy.

I have zero knowledge on posing.
You should not leave it to amateur models. Study up on posing. Shoot them again.

Second shot is no better.

Most reactions

Back