Chocolate Tart Recipe

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
I've been ordered to type out my chocolate tart recipe by my sister so she can give it to her friend. So I thought I'd post it here to. It was typed out in Word so excuse any ?'s that may pop up.

Chocolate Tart

Ingredients
9oz sweet short crust pastry
6oz plain chocolate
4oz butter
50g caster sugar
3 eggs
8tbsp condensed milk
4tbsp cocoa powder
¼ pint of boiling water
9” tin

Method
Roll pastry and line tin

Prick pastry and chill for 20mins

Blind bake using dried beans for 10mins gas mark 6

Remove beans and bake for 10mins

Reduce to gas mark 2

Melt plain chocolate and butter

Blend together water and cocoa powder

Whisk eggs and sugar together then whisk in cocoa mixture

Stir in melted chocolate and condensed milk

Pour into pastry and bake for 15mins until set

Allow to cool and chill before serving

Note
The above is a quick copy of a recipe from Teletext. In our oven it takes a lot longer than 15mins to cook. Sometimes up to an hour. You’ll know when it is ready to come out of the oven when it has lost its wobble. It shouldn’t move when you shake the tin it is in. It will rise slightly when cooking but fall back down as it cools.
Instead of the short crust base you can use digestives. Just like for a cheese cake. Recipe for pastry and digestive base below.

Rich Short Crust Pastry

Ingredients
225g / 8oz plain flour
125g / 4oz unsalted butter
salt
5ml / 1tsp sugar
1 egg, beaten
cold water

Method

Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar. Add the egg with a spoonful of cold water and mix to a dough. Add more water if the dough is too dry. Chill for 30 minutes before using.

Digestive Base

Ingredients

225g / 8oz wheatmeal or digestive biscuits
25g / 1oz caster sugar
100-125g / 4oz butter, melted

Method

Smash up the biscuits. Add the sugar and butter and give it a good mix. Pack into the bottom of a tin as hard as you can.

If you’re going to use digestives I’d leave out the sugar as they already contain enough. If you use a digestive base for the tart, don’t worry about it going soggy and mixing with the chocolate when it is all in the oven. It won’t happen if you pack the base tightly enough.

Scott WRG Editor said:
Take one Manda, cover in chocolate syrup and serve.
OOOooooo! That sounds good!

You know I always thought that "recipe's" would make a good topic. I just wish I could remember ANY of the ones I use right now! I'll have to try this one when I get my new kitchen soon!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back